11/03/2011

chloe and neil {Engagement}

Ok I'm gonna be really honest... Engagement shoots scare me. I always see excited tweets from Photographers on their way to an Engagement shoot and I always think... 'Why can't I feel like that?'... instead I just always feel nervous and usually a little bit sick. You see you're meeting one of your couples, maybe for the first time and you have to take pictures of them... and good ones... and make them feel comfortable, and find good light, and use interesting backdrops and not take 4 hours to do it. So I'm always nervous. But then I meet them... and we chat and we take a few pictures and we have a laugh. The time always whizzes by and then we have coffee or stroll back to the tube and I'm not nervous anymore... I'm excited.... excited to have met them, excited to be shooting their wedding and excited to get home and edit the pictures!
This is exactly how I felt the Sunday that I shot Chloe and Neil's Engagement shoot... I had two shoots that day so had double the nerves but then got to go home with double the excitement... you'd think I'd have learnt by now but maybe the butterflies are a good thing... :)
Chloe and Neil... we had such a lovely afternoon with you pair and can't wait for your wedding!



















12 comments:

  1. Emma, thank you so much for sharing your feeling before engagement session. I thought I was the only one that scared and everyone else feels so confident. And I looove this shoot so much, it's so vintage and picturesque and totally unique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Emma! Where did you shoot? Love that building behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you rocked it, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this set has such a great feel and a really cool vibe, really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these shots!! you find some great locations!! and some lovely couples to photograph xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely photos! Makes me even MORE excited about our shoot with you in July yippeeee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine you ever being nervous, that just shows how professional you are then! We never felt it!!

    I love the top shots, really great background and Chloe's hair is so pretty!! Swoon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, yeah. I'm terrified of engagement shoots. So much so that I do everything I can to avoid doing them, pathetic huh? I really need to get over this as like you I kind of really enjoy them when I do do them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha... me too, I always worry it's going to be a deal breaker... thank god that's never happened, but it doesn't stop me worrying EVERY time :) We always end up having a great time too, and think it makes a big difference come the big day when you meet up again.

    Another gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos emma! Love the ones in front of the wall with all the people on.

    I get as nervous as you've mentioned before every shoot to the point i want to take a wrong turning and find an excuse to cancel! But every shoot exceeds my expectations. I think nerves are a good thing, it means we're not complacent about what we're doing. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Emma, I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no idea who you are. I just came across this site and I just loved the photos. Well, have a great life together. Loved these pics. You two look like a great couple.

    ReplyDelete