04/03/2013

life lately..

We've had a pretty lovely February.. we've finally come to the end of the epic 'paint all the things' house makeover. It's taken us about 6 weeks to paint everything, get a new kitchen floor.. new carpet.. have a HUGE clear out and get pictures up on the walls.  There is still a few 'little' jobs to finish but it finally feels like home and that feeling is absolutely incredible..


Feb also gave us a bit of time to just chill..we hung out at home..bought some new clothes (I'm kinda feeling the aztec thing this year), ate well, went to hot yoga, played with some new cameras, shot quite a bit of personal stuff and my second article (about branding this time) appeared in Photo Pro Magazine.. yey!


We then had the pleasure of heading down to Brighton for a few days for a shoot involving some friggin' awesome shoes.. (which I'll be talking about very soon).. we were there for just 3 days and had the most incredible luck of being graced with sunshine for the whole trip.  We both really needed it and came back refreshed and so, so happy..



Life is, once again going to start getting a lot more hectic from now on as wedding season is about to kick in. I am determined more than ever for this year to be filled with good times in and out of work.. I want to keep exercising, eating well, taking the normal amount of days off a week and making more memories for us.. I'm really looking forward to the year ahead..

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your 2013 too! Love these little snapshots of your life, lovely one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you had an awesome February. We had a good break too, just what we needed and it just started to get hectic for us here since spring is coming. May you have a wonderful year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your personal photos, Emma, and the house is looking fab! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog posts always make me smile. :) Love your pretty home, very inspiring. Now I must get a copy of Photo Pro mag to read your article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) house looks wicked em! Brighton was incredible! So glad you're as happy as you deserve to be. You big star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have discovered you through vsco. I moved to Birmingham/Kings heath with my little family a year ago and so far really love it here. I've been doing photography for quite a few years now and do it part-time (whilst looking after my 2 little girls), i LOVE your alternative approach and try and do a similar thing myself (though not quite so well as you!) but I'd be keen to do one of your workshops to get inspired and learn more... perhaps some time in the near future.

    (could also do with some tips on good car boots & charity shops round here, I spend a lot of time in 'Sue Ryder' on the kings heath high street... it's a pretty good one!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these personal posts just as much as your wedding ones. Looking forward to following along for another wedding season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the shot of the shoes and the turn-ups on the pebbles...

    ReplyDelete