31/08/2013

blog roll..

Waaaaah! It's a Saturday and we're not shooting a wedding!?!? (Well, we actually shot a yummy one yesterday).. but it's funny.. I always think the air smells different on a Saturday.. like a day that's so precious and one that we don't often get to see.  We rode through our local park this morning and it was buzzing.. it just looked completely different..

So to celebrate the weekend I thought I'd share with you guys some of my favourite blogs to read. Some are more photography related and others more lifestyle and some I like to check in on a daily basis.. some it's more now and again.. but all of them are inspirational, funny, intelligent, thought provoking, stylish.. and generally lovely to hang out in..

Bleubird
So first up is Ms James aka Bleubird. I have followed Ms Bleubird for a looooooong time.  Her wonderful blog about her and her beautiful family is an everyday read for me.  When I first found her she had her own onilne vintage shop and since then I've watched her add the adorable Birdie and the newest addition, Sailor to her beautiful family.  If you haven't come across this little family then be warned.. it's pretty much a given that you'll fall in love with them..




A Beautiful Mess
Next up we have A Beautiful Mess. Elsie and Emma, two sisters who live in the Midwest crafting their own incredible empire. I've followed these ladies for about 5 years now watching their ideas turn in to reality. A vintage shop, online courses, their own fashion line, a book, an app.. the list goes on.  They are total advocates for homemade and vintage and I'll be honest.. I've felt so proud watching them grow and grow..


Bri Emery has the wonderful blog that is DesignLoveFest. Inspiration bursting out of every page Bri posts about design, interior, travel, food, clothes.. she creates her own style posts and also runs the incredibly successful BlogShop (a workshop all about photoshop) with her good friend Angela Kohler.  She is a graphic designer by trade but her blog has become so popular that now her blog has become a wonderful combination of everything she's passionate about... (also keep an eye out on BlogShop workshops because they sometimes come to London).. :)

Next up a few of my favourites on home turf..

Just the 6 of us..
I've known my gorgeous friend Zoe since I was 14 years old.  I've seen her have four beautiful children.. find the guy of her dreams and start a wonderful business.  We're two peas in a pod and most people think we're sisters which is fine absolutely fine by me.  She's also a lover of vintage, car boots and general old, pretty stuff and I love her and her family to pieces.  She also has a pretty nice selection of goodies in her shop 'Yellow Vintage' right now.. I say that but take no responsibility for what ends up in your basket.




Seeds and Stitches
Another gem is another wonderful lady who I met a few years ago in my first year of photographing weddings when I photographed her husband's sister's wedding. I remember arriving at Ray's (the Bride) house in the morning and falling in love with the house, their mates, their style.. I would have happily moved in on the spot. I've kept up to date with Hannah and her wonderful little family.. her great bunch of friends and watched in awe at their craft, sewing, cooking and upcycling skills. Hannah recently came up to take photos of our house and office with the lovely Kristy Noble (which I'll be blogging about at some point) and it was just like we were old friends.. non stop chatting.. :)



I don't tend to look at too many photography websites as it can get a bit all consuming but there are a couple that I come back to regularly.  Most of them are ones that I connect with on a personal level, can learn from and am inspired by..

Jasmine Star
This lovely lady is one hot entrepreneur in more ways than one. I've followed her blog for a long time now and admire her for her work ethic and her sheer determination. Her ambition is infectious and the fact that she's honest about her journey and is so open with her experiences and knowledge.. it's an absolute pleasure to watch her grow and become more successful. If you're a photographer she shares so much amazing tips and advice.. both with shooting and running your own business that you need her blog in your bookmarks bar.


Sue Bryce
I haven't been following Sue for too long but in the short time I've followed her blog she has made quite an impression. How Sue started is pretty similar to me and I immediately felt a connection to her journey. She has built her business from nothing and I admire her honesty, her courage and her natural business mind. She knows her shit because she understands her clients and she's not afraid to take risks.. even when there is something to lose. I actually bought her CreativeLive course and Pete said he thought she'd moved in to our house as I seemed to be watching it all the time... :) For me.. we are so busy with the business, especially over the summer months that you tend to be using all your energy on the here and now so it was good for me to be able to step out and just listen for a bit. Even if I already knew bits or felt I was actually doing things right.. you still learn so much and sometimes you just need things highlighted. I recommend having a read of her blog and if you can, watching her CreativeLive workshop too.. :)


Hope there's one here that you might not have come across yet.. :)

4 comments:

  1. It seems we read a lot of the same blogs already but I've literally hard about Sue Bryce today so I'm off to check out her blog now. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Nice one! I like the outfit of the characters. Wish i could do the same thing too but im not that techie.i like the outfit of “from farmer to warden”.. really interesting

    ReplyDelete